Art project: How do I portray the dignity in someone so others can tell?
Research technique: Investigative practice.
All depicted are sellers of the Norwegian street magazine =Oslo, equivalent to The Big Issue (UK).
Reference photos by Dimitri Koutsomytis, =Oslo no. 4, 2005.
Artistic inspiration: Guy Denning.
Exhibited at Telemark University College during “Open Door 2015” 12th and 13th of March.
The concept of global dignity includes the following five principles ( globaldignity.org )
- Every human being has a right to lead a dignified life.
- A dignified life means an opportunity to fulfill one’s potential, which is based on having a human level of health care, education, income and security.
- Dignity means having the freedom to make decisions on one’s life and to be met with respect for this right.
- Dignity should be the basic guiding principle for all actions.
- Ultimately, our own dignity is interdependent with the dignity of others.